[hibernate-dev] Discussion of services

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 8 07:33:55 EDT 2010

> Personally I think y'all are getting a little too hung up the on injection of
> dependent services here.  It is a quite limited scope and the implementation
> is both dead simple and already done (its not like this is going to drag on
> for years like we have seen elsewhere).

It is not the problem on how complex or simple the service will be; it is about
exposing a dependency injection mechanism to the users of Hibernate that is
different.

That is my only concern, but I also don't have any good solution on how to avoid
it without introducing major complexity or non-wanted 3rd party dependencies.

If we could just somehow limit us to simply have a a service lookup and not have
to add annotation based injections into this.

/max