[hibernate-dev] <meta/> and HBMBinder

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 18 09:14:18 EDT 2010

We should talk about what is required here to make sure it supports the use
case(s) you need.

"global" I assume means applying to all <hibernate-mapping/> tags.  That is
doable.  Currently, using the prelimiary code, that would look like:

Map globalMeta = ...;
Metadata metadata = ...; // Metadata is sorta, kida like old Mappings
HibernateXmlBinder hbmBinder = new HibernateXmlBinder( meatdata, globalMeta );
hbmBinder.bind( xmlDocument );
hbmBinder.bind( anotherXmlDocument );

Not all that much different...