[hibernate-dev] On possible extensions for the validator

Federico Mancini mancini_federico at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 22 03:08:28 EDT 2010

  Hi all,
I am new to the list and I am opening this thread on Emmanuel Bernard's
suggestion, in order to
discuss some possible extensions to the validator (jsr 303) I have been
working on with a couple of collegues.
Mainly it concerns the possibility to extend composition with boolean
operators (ex.: A field is either in the range 1-10 OR 20-30 AND
notNull)  and allow validation of sets of interdependent properties
(ex.: EITHER the name field is notNull OR the surname field is notNull/
AT LEAST 1 field must be filled/etc....).

A description of the experimental framework we implemented can be found
here http://www.ii.uib.no/publikasjoner/texrap/pdf/2009-389.pdf , and
some further discussion on the choices we made here
http://www.ii.uib.no/~federico/papers/Annotations.pdf.

I hope this might be of some interest for the Hybernate Validator project,
but, even if not, it would be nice to get some feedback.

Thanks,
Federico Mancini