[hibernate-dev] Transaction API

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 29 13:53:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 14:26 +0200, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> When are these two case happening:
>  - no UT nor TM => looks like a config issue. Other reasons?
For the TM, yes that is the reason in all cases I can think of.  For UT,
not necessarily; it depends on whether UT is treated per-thread or
globally I guess.

>  - UNKNOWN => aren't things about to hit the fan in this case? Or is there some acceptable use cases?
Don't know.  UNKOWN sort of means "not known" :)

The more general question is whether throwing exceptions here in
response to general "query" methods is the most proper/reasonable course
of action.

--
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org