[hibernate-dev] Integrator locator

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 07:29:27 EDT 2011

> We can do it either way.  Of the ones I converted to using Integrators, search
> and envers both have "skip" settings defined.
>
> search: hibernate.search.autoregister_listeners
> envers: hibernate.listeners.envers.autoRegister
> (should really standardize these names)

Individual "skipping" is fine for me since it is for the special cases its good
to be able to disable them.

> Max, not sure about "much more configuration" here.  The whole point of
> Integrator here is that the listener regsitration is automatically handled
> now.  The Envers one is even smart enough to not regsiter its listeners if its
> not needed.
>
> Anyway, we currently have the above 2 settings to help you with the specific
> things you asked.  If you want a "global, do not process any Integrators"
> flag, let us know.  Its easy enough either way...

These things will probably change as we try and get an understanding
on how we make the tools work across hibernate 3 and 4....

I would say its always good to have a way to disable automagic setup
for allowing for explicit setup - but that is just my opinion; don't have a
tools specific usecase for it right now.

/max