[hibernate-dev] Moving Hibernate Search test packages

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 4 15:43:14 EDT 2011

Hi,
it's sometimes useful from the test packages to be able to get
package-level visibility to classes in the main code.

All Hibernate Search tests are organized in a
"org.hibernate.search.test.X" package;
I'd like to move them to "org.hibernate.search.X.Y", i.e. give test
implementors the freedom to choose any package name.

It's of course possible to obtain the same with many clever tricks,
but it would make tests easier to write and cleaner to maintain.

Main code API is not affected, as obviously our test conventions don't
prevent people to do as they wish with their own package names...
to the opposite, we might be able to close down more APIs which
nowadays need "public" for testing purposes;
I'm not sure if there is such a case, just making the point that in theory it
A) won't make things worse
B) could make things better

I could either make a single commit moving them all out, or we can
just start making some tests out of the test package on a "as needed"
base.

WDYT?

Cheers,