[hibernate-dev] cacheable files

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 19:01:19 EDT 2011

> Do we want to make caching of files a flag for processing all of the xml
> files?
>
> Currently we have methods:
> addFile(String path)
> addFile(File file)
> addCacheableFile(String path)
> addCacheableFile(File file)
>
> Could we instead condense these and allow configuration of whether to
> try and cache xml files?

This was my original implementation but it was changed to this explicit API with the reasoning
that doing this caching should be an explicit act of intent and not just a simple flag working globally.

Note, if more than just xml based metadata could be cached that would be awesome - but that might be
better solved via something like AS7 annotation index mechanism.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen