[hibernate-dev] cacheable files

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 13 05:11:05 EDT 2011

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 01:03:55 +0200, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
wrote:

>> Note, if more than just xml based metadata could be cached that would
>> be awesome - but that might be
>> better solved via something like AS7 annotation index mechanism.
>
> funny you should say that... ;)

Right. With the current approach we are taking (utilizing AS'es jandex
library) we could just write out
the index itself containing all mapping information.
As I mentioned before I want to build a "combined" index containing also
pseudo/mock annotation generated from xml
configuration. There is still some need for some sort of global XML
context though which cannot mapped into
annotations though. This could be serialized though.

Obviously that does not address the current hbm xml use case. Not sure how
much effort we should put into
caching of XML though, given that the standard approach is annotations.

--Hardy