[hibernate-dev] Hibernate OGM documentation

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 26 07:42:12 EDT 2011

On 22 avr. 2011, at 19:22, Juraci Paixao Krohling wrote:

> On 04/22/2011 06:43 PM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
>> I've been working on Hibernate OGM documentation. I am still very unhappy with what I have but that's a start.
>>
>> You can read it at http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/ogm/3.0/reference/en-US/html_single/
>> You can contribute to it by forking on github https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm
>
> Looks very good. I will submit some patches, related to some typos and
> to make some things more explicit.
>
> I have a comment about the style, though. It seems you are adopting a
> more "personal" style, using "we" and "I" in some sentences. This is
> nice, I personally like it (makes the reader feel comfortable), but
> there were a lot of JIRAs opened against Hibernate Core/EM/ANN
> documentation at the time they were "productized".

Interesting.
Any decent book publisher will tell you being personal is much better ;)

Provided the project is at its early cycle, I think I'll stay with this style for the time being:
 - we need to make people feel at home, not scare them ;)
 - that's my style and since I'll be writing most of the doc, it's better I do it naturally

So far the doc is quite small, so changing them won't be too much work.