[hibernate-dev] Does anyone know of any HQL internal changes between Hibernate 4.0.0.Beta3 and 4.0.0.Beta4?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Aug 1 17:20:29 EDT 2011

http://pastebin.com/SR3jsxGp contains the call stack for a
ClassNotFoundException of org.hibernate.hql.internal.ast.HqlToken (from
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1433).  The exception message isn't
shown but the jira has that.

I tried the supplied test case against Hibernate 4.0.0.Beta3 and don't
have the same problem.  Does anyone know of a Hibernate 4.0.0.Beta4
change that could of caused this?

Perhaps we need to set the TCCL to the hibernate CL when constructing
the HqlBaseLexer as a workaround (the Hibernate classloader depends on
the antlr classloader module, so that should work).

Whatever the solution is, I'd like to better understand what changed to
cause this.

Thanks,
Scott