[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH State to transfer

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Aug 2 13:03:23 EDT 2011

HSEARCH-681 HSEARCH-757

I've done a first analysis for the state to transfer. It's not too bad.
This doc is cryptic but people familiar with Lucene should get what I mean:

https://gist.github.com/1120651

It describes the state to pass around for each operation and detail what Document and Fieldable contain state wise and what would be transferred.

The two big annoyances are:
 - Reader
 - TokenStream

both of them can be the source of a Field.

While we can envision some strategies for Reader (worse case being we read the data and ship it over). I have not yet analyzed the implications of TokenStream.

For the rest with a smart enough state machine and possibly some private attribute reading, we should be able to serialize / deserialize Documents and Fieldables

Emmanuel