[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH State to transfer

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 3 14:06:39 EDT 2011

2011/8/3 Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org>:
> Here is a first prototype of the serializable model and an almost complete converter between List<LuceneWork> and this model.
>
> There is not test yet. It does compile but I don't know if it works.

(translation of the above:
https://github.com/emmanuelbernard/hibernate-search/tree/745 )

I only had a brief scan through the code, so I might send more comments later;

1) Remember all operations are implicitly scoped to a single index, so
for example you don't need to make a difference between
Optimize(classType) and OptimizeAll, they will do the same: optimize
the index.

2) It would be great if you could avoid the "instanceof" :)
(see also org.hibernate.search.backend.impl.WorkVisitor )

3) I'm confused about what your intentions are about those
Serializable wrappers. Wrapping objects in some container implementing
SerializableFieldable is not going to make them serializable. I think
I missed, or you didn't add yet, where the conversion to byte[]
happens ?

4) OperationBck could be removed.

Cheers,