[hibernate-dev] OGM, Hibernate 3.6.6.Final, AS 7 private branch changes...

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 10 08:23:57 EDT 2011

Hi Scott,
I've been trying to run your test: got a fresh checkout of jboss-as,
and pasted your test in testsuite/compat as suggested by your package
name choice.

Running from command line, I get:

Tests in error:
  org.jboss.as.testsuite.compat.jpa.hibernate.OGMHibernate3SharedModuleProviderTestCase:
Could not start container

and the test logs contain as ultimate cause

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find:
target/jbossas/jboss-modules.jar
	at org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.managed.ManagedDeployableContainer.startInternal(ManagedDeployableContainer.java:94)
	... 67 more

Any hints?
Anyway, I just wanted to check if I could fix the issue by changing
the configuration settings in persistence.xml:
generally you should remove the <jta-data-source>: no datasource is
used. Also properties like "hibernate.show_sql" are not meaningfull,
and it should not be needed to specify the Noop Dialect anymore.

Current Hibernate OGM is depending on Hibernate Core 3.6.5, so I just
checked and upgrade to 3.6.6: all tests still pass, so I would expect
that should not be a problem.

Is specifying "jboss.as.jpa.providerModule" all what is needed to get
OGM on my classpath? that might be the problem for me: not sure if I
have this module somehow, I just cloned jboss-as upstream (as I've
seen the pull request you mentioned was already included).

Sanne