[hibernate-dev] OGM, Hibernate 3.6.6.Final, AS 7 private branch changes...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 09:35:59 EDT 2011

Hi Sanne,

There is a manual step, that is somewhat in flux, as I look for the best
approach (I don't expect any of this to work completely, I'm just fixing
issues as I go).  The manual step, is:

1. After building AS7 from source, create folder
jboss-as-7.1.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT/modules/org/hibernate/ogm.

2.  In the above ogm folder, I copied in
hibernate-ogm-core-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and created a module.xml file with
contents http://pastie.org/2350230

3.  I also created a
jboss-as-7.1.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT/modules/org/hibernate/3 folder with the
following jars in it:
antlr-2.7.6.jar, commons-collections-3.1.jar, commons-digester.jar,
hibernate3.jar, log4j.jar, commons-collections.jar, dom4j-1.6.1.jar,
jta-1.1.jar, commons-beanutils.jar, javassist-3.12.0.GA.jar

4.  Created a module.xml file in folder
jboss-as-7.1.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT/modules/org/hibernate/3 with contents
http://pastie.org/2350323

The above creates the hibernate:ogm module and hibernate:3 module.

I committed the test case to
https://github.com/scottmarlow/jboss-as/tree/ogm.

To run the test, "cd as7/testsuite/compat" and "mvn clean install
-DallTests"

On 08/10/2011 08:23 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> I've been trying to run your test: got a fresh checkout of jboss-as,
> and pasted your test in testsuite/compat as suggested by your package
> name choice.
>
> Running from command line, I get:
>
> Tests in error:
>    org.jboss.as.testsuite.compat.jpa.hibernate.OGMHibernate3SharedModuleProviderTestCase:
> Could not start container
>
> and the test logs contain as ultimate cause
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find:
> target/jbossas/jboss-modules.jar
> 	at org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.managed.ManagedDeployableContainer.startInternal(ManagedDeployableContainer.java:94)
> 	... 67 more
>
> Any hints?
> Anyway, I just wanted to check if I could fix the issue by changing
> the configuration settings in persistence.xml:
> generally you should remove the<jta-data-source>: no datasource is
> used. Also properties like "hibernate.show_sql" are not meaningfull,
> and it should not be needed to specify the Noop Dialect anymore.

I tried again with these changes, however, commenting out the datasource
is currently not handled (AS7 JPA container/subsystem gets confused).
If I add the datasource back in, I get the "No Dialect mapping for JDBC
type: 4" error.

I assume its important for me not to pass in the datasource?  Just want
to confirm before changing AS7 code for that.  :)