[hibernate-dev] OGM: unimplemented InfinispanDialect.updateTuple() ?

Cyrille Chépélov cyrille at chepelov.org
Fri Aug 12 10:08:43 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I'm attempting to use Hibernate OGM with the Infinispan backend, using a
single FileCacheStore. I find the technology quite promising, and would
love to get this to run.

I'm running under Jetty, with the JbossTS.

I'm attempting something fairly simple so far:

        DataGate.getTM().begin(); // returns the
        JBossTSStandaloneTransactionManagerLookup().getTransactionManager(null);

        EntityManager em = DataGate.createEntityManager(); // same...

        try {
            Document db_doc = em.find(Document.class, "12345"); //
        nothing in so far.
            db_doc = new Document(); // Document is a @Entity with @Id,
        @GeneratorValue etc.
            // set db_doc's properties
            em.persist(db_doc);
         } finally {
        	DataGate.getTM().commit();
        	em.close();
        }

I can see some activity related to the JbossTS' XA manager (intent files
being created ...)
I can see Infinispan's FileCacheStore creating the empty cache
directories

I can see, upon commit, the transaction code decide to call things all
the way through OgmEntityPersister.execute() and
InfinispanDialect.updateTuple() (with a null original tuple cache entry,
which is okay since my database is empty).

I can see the transaction code declare the system happy and the
transaction complete, and proceed to delete the XA intent log.

What I never see, though, is any actual persistence for my data. Nor do
I see  InfinispanDialect.updateTuple() somehow causing FileCacheStore's
updateBundle methods to run.

Is there something I'm missing ?

Thank you very much in advance.

    -- Cyrille

PS:

		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.infinispan</groupId>
			<artifactId>infinispan</artifactId>
			<version>5.0.0.FINAL</version>
			<type>pom</type>
			<scope>compile</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.jboss.jbossts</groupId>
			<artifactId>jbossjta</artifactId>
			<version>4.15.3.Final</version>
			<exclusions>
				<exclusion>
					<artifactId>jboss-logging-spi</artifactId>
					<groupId>org.jboss.logging</groupId>
				</exclusion>
			</exclusions>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.hibernate.ogm</groupId>
			<artifactId>hibernate-ogm-core</artifactId>
			<version>3.0.0.Alpha2</version>
			<type>jar</type>
			<scope>compile</scope>
		</dependency>