[hibernate-dev] [Search] supporting DISTINCT (or similar) for values

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 24 04:36:39 EDT 2011

This was asked some times, and today a new interesting use case was
proposed on the forums:
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1012360

I usually tell the whole story "distinct is not fit for fulltext...
use the relational queries" but since it's often requested (on
Infinispan Query too) and I just realized that in fact we could
implement it as the needed information is in the index, and we could
efficiently extract it and wrap in a nice and easy API.
Shall I open a JIRA for this? Likely for 4.1 I would say, for now I'm
just collecting opinion if we should support this, and if somebody has
an idea of how such an API should look like.