[hibernate-dev] PessimisticLockException API changes in Core 4.0.0.CR7

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 1 07:37:12 EST 2011

I was upgrading Hibernate Search to depend on latest Hibernate Core
release, a very minor step but this broke the build.

In Search we're using

org.hibernate.PessimisticLockException.getEntity()

to convert it to a javax.persistence.PessimisticLockException when
using the JPA API.

It's not a hard change for Search to use one of the other exception
constructors to omit the missing information about the entity, but I'd
like someone to confirm that this removal was intentional and needed,
as I wasn't expecting API changes.