[hibernate-dev] JIRA issue status - Closed v. Resolved

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Wed Dec 21 02:18:49 EST 2011

Comments below...

----- Original Message -----

I agree that "Closed" issues should not be reopened. Links should still be possible for identifying duplicates, issues fixed/caused by a closed issued, etc.

> I'm not sure however about enforcing this, but I'm not against it.
> I'd
> prefer if committers had the option to reopen, it's never nice when
> tools prevent you to fix eventual mistakes.

I think it would be better to make it a convention that closed issues not be re-opened, but to still allow committers to reopen it if an issue was closed by mistake.

After thinking about it more, I thing Hardy is right about allowing comments on closed issues. I'd forgotten that we can actually filter on "Last commented by a user". Aside from comments about problems with a fix, it's good to hear that the fix was verified by a user and it's always nice to get a "thank you" comment. :)

> @Hardy yes we can customize JIRA to a great extent, especially in
> this area.

I think it's a good idea to automatically close resolved issues when the fix is released.