[hibernate-dev] JIRA issue status - Closed v. Resolved

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 21 09:46:03 EST 2011

On Dec 21, 2011, at 3:30 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:

>> What is the problem with comments on closed issues? Some comments might even be useful (aka "had the same problem, fixed now") However, if someone wants to start a new discussion - tough luck. If the comment is legit we tell them to create a new issue and link to it.
>
> In the past we had problems with spam comments showing up on closed issues.  It was just a pain in the ass to remove them because you had to reopen the issue, remove the comment and then (re)close it.

I see. That's the first reason I hear for considering really forbidding comments on closed issues. IMO it is really a Jira bug that as admin you cannot remove a comment unless you reopen the issue.
Luckily we have not seen so much spamming on HV or SEARCH (I think)

Speaking of Jira and closed issues etc. I did a quick search today w/o any JIRA key. I was expecting a search in the active projects (aka HHH, SEARCH, HV), but I got hits in projects like TODO and HB. Is there a way to
exclude them from a default search?

> In general I definitely agree that allowing comments on closed issues is positive.  In fact I would argue that it is necessary.  In which case I would say that we certainly want to still allow developers to reopen closed issues.

+1

--Hardy