[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Lucene lock problems with Hibernate Search 4.0

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:39:47 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Guillaume Smet
<guillaume.smet at gmail.com> wrote:
> After our upgrade to 4.0 (from 3.4.1), we've started to have a lot of
> lock errors on our development boxes. I thought it was due to brutal
> kills of the JVM (typically Terminate in Eclipse) but we also have
> them in our CI environment on a project where every test is OK.

As the default configuration for 3.4 was to use the shared index mode,
I tried to use it in 4.0 by changing
hibernate.search.default.exclusive_index_use to false.

AFAICS, I don't have the lock problem anymore (so far).

So it seems the problem is with the exclusive index mode. As it's on
our personal development boxes, I suppose this mode should work
correctly.

Note that on a team of 4 developers, we have the problem at least 4-5
times per developer per day.

Any idea?

--
Guillaume