[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search 3.4 release train

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 12:21:37 EST 2011

Its a minor change but I would like to make a small enhancement to
EntityManager.unwrap().  I would like to support SessionFactory in case
I want to use it later in AS7...

Is this completely silly or just mildly silly?  If creating a container
managed entity manager doesn't consume a database connection.  I propose
that its just mildly silly.  If its just mildly silly, I might want to
use the unwrap functionality to keep the AS injection code generic
(covering injecting a PU into a Hibernate SessionFactory).  Of course,
the other silly part is the idea that I would get an EM from the PU
(could lead to unexpected errors if something goes wrong).

It might be nice to have an unwrap method on the EntityManagerFactory
for this purpose.  Is that worth proposing for a future JPA release?