[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Extract core of HSEARCH query engine to be independent of Hibernate Core.

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Feb 23 13:43:27 EST 2011

I have to add a third point:

Infinispan's Query has a "LazyIterator" functionality, which is really
lazy (opposing to
Search's scrollable result) it expects the IndexSearcher to not be
closed while the user iterates,
and expects the user to close this.

I'm not a big fan for this feature, so for the moment I ported all the
rest and all tests are green by just
returning a non-lazy iterator:

https://github.com/Sanne/infinispan/tree/ISPN-952

 - drop the feature
 - expose a similar feature in Hibernate Search, implement it in HSQuery
 - keep using the non-public "low-level" methods in Query

Sanne