[hibernate-dev] hibernate-dev Digest, Vol 56, Issue 20

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Feb 28 13:29:20 EST 2011

Hi Marc,

thanks for your feedback. Answers inline

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:08:43 +0100, Marc Schipperheyn
<m.schipperheyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a lot of experience with Bobo Browse. The code is well maintained
> and performs well.

The last release was over a year back and personally I find the docs very
sparse. I also
think there is a lot of complexity in bob browse which is not needed for
simple faceting.

Either way, I don't think it would be a good idea to expose the bobo
browse facet API directly
in Search. This would bind us to bobo browse for now apparent reason. If
we come up with with
a working facet API for Search we can always change the implementation
later or make it
configurable.

> I don't have time to download and implement code examples, but if you
> have working examples up somewhere, I'd be happy to take a look.

There are code examples in SimpleFacetingTest.java and
RangeFacetingTest.java in this
package
https://github.com/hferentschik/hibernate-search/tree/3a9877e2bbc47a8bd6e438dbbab56d93ac9101fd/hibernate-search/src/test/java/org/hibernate/search/test/query/facet

If you get hold of
https://github.com/hferentschik/hibernate-search/tree/HSEARCH-667 you can
always run
these examples by running 'mvn clean test'

--Hardy