[hibernate-dev] JUnit 4.8

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Jan 19 13:11:51 EST 2011

Yes alignment should definitely be a goal.  I've spoken with Adam and he is
not particularly tied to testng and would be fine switching over to junit if
that is the decision.

The biggest issue I have with junit is the class instance per test method.
It makes setup and teardown code fugly because everything needs to be done
statically.  I have actually prototypes using junit4 long time ago and asked
y'all to take a look ;)  It is in the sourceforge got repo.  It does
leverage rules and other junit4 newness.  Still was not overly happy with it
mainly due again to its instantiation policies.

I have tried testng in the past and was not overly happy there either.  If I
remember correctly the issue there was an inability to alter test outcome
(altering failures to success due to @FailureExpected e.g.).