[hibernate-dev] Hibernate4 artifact names, Persistence provider name, maven...

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sat Jul 16 13:07:34 EDT 2011

I am personally against this idea.  You mention renaming one single
class, but in reality we would need different FQNs for each and every
class otherwise we run into a clash in the class loader as to which one
wins (the one from hibernate4 jar or the one from hibernate3 jar).

This is a bad path to start down.

As an illustration, we had the same issue with JBoss Cache for some
time and we simply had 2 sub-projects, one for each version.  Which in
my mind is the perfectly reasonable approach.