[hibernate-dev] Use of local time for @Version on Oracle and Customisation of Column Alias Scheme

Chris Pheby chris at jadira.co.uk
Sat Jul 16 15:40:59 EDT 2011

Hi I have newly subscribed to this list.

Some time ago I submitted patches to the Hibernate Jira to address a couple of issues.

https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-5553
The first is the use of local time for the @Version field and suggest using the UTC function instead on Oracle

https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-5554
The second relates to providing a mechanism for customising the column aliasing scheme. This is due to widespread use of '_' in identifiers on Oracle which is also used as a truncation marker by Hibernate making generated queries difficult to read.

Is there any interest in applying either of these two fixes, if so, I can update them for the current Hibernate 4.0.0 codebase if necessary.

With thanks,

Chris