[hibernate-dev] Plural attributes and the metamodel

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 29 01:37:03 EDT 2011

I started working on support for sets but soon realized that support for
collections in general was basically non-existent.  So I started working
on that.

Here is what I have so far if anyone wanted to look it over:
https://github.com/sebersole/hibernate-core/tree/HHH-6503

It is still early on, but the basic ideas are there.  Basically, I break
down the "source" aspect of mapping collections into the individual
pieces or information we need about persistent collections:
1) general meta about the collection (java type, hibernate type, etc) :
PluralAttributeSource
2) info about the collection key : PluralAttributeKeySource
3) info about the collection elements : PluralAttributeElementSource

eventually we will need to describe the key/index of maps and lists, but
this is a start.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org