[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Problem with JBoss logging

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 2 14:26:57 EDT 2011

Hi Davide,
so, this took me a while as there where a number of problems with the
annotation processor; thanks to John and Steve for pointing me in the
right direction.

The main problem was:  http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6512707
basically we can't have the annotation processor run during compile
phase, but need to do that in a second phase.

I've pushed my version of your patches on my branch:
https://github.com/Sanne/hibernate-search/tree/HSEARCH-675

After many experiments including maven-ant-run and maven compiler
settings, it seems I found a clean strategy using
org.bsc.maven:maven-processor-plugin.
I had this discarded initially as it's documentation said it was not
in central.. but Gustavo pointed out it actually is! great teamwork.

Please note I've been cleaning up the reformatting mess in the pom.xml
s, now you can see that the changes are straight to the point, with no
whitespace noise or other unrelated changes. I've appended some of the
patches you made on top of it, but I'll leave that to you to judge
which ones where duplicate/redundant and to cleanup your history:
have fun with git, that's a good excercise :)

thanks again for all the help,
Sanne