[hibernate-dev] MetadataImpl ctor

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 3 14:29:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:51:33 +0200, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> I have been working mostly on low-hanging fruit

how nice :-)

> More what I had in mind though is:
>
> MetadataImpl(...) {
>    // auxiliary database objects are independent
>    processAuxiliaryDatabaseObjects(...);
>
>    // type definitions are independent
>    processTypeDefinitions(...);
>
>    // filters potentially depend on type definitions
>    processFilterDefinitions(...);
>
>    // id gen definitions potentially depend on type definitions
>    processIdentifierGenerators(...);

> }

+1 Sounds like a good idea to me and shouldn't be hard at all from he
annotations side.
The stuff you are mentioning is mainly what John has been working on
recently.

I called this kind of configuration "global configuration" in contrast to
"entity configuration".
Not sure whether this a good term or not.

Btw, I am on a dropzone until Tuesday w/ limited connectivity.

--Hardy