[hibernate-dev] Shaded build for the HV annotation processor

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Mar 24 12:10:03 EDT 2011

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:41:29 +0100, Max Rydahl Andersen
<max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:

>> Speaking of shading, this could be an easy solution for METAGEN-53 as
>> well.
>>

> For metagen-53 I recall that the only dependency is class name lookup
> which could just as easily be replaced with strings to avoid the
> multijar setup.

Well, there were a few things which needed fixing the last time I checked.
Nothing major, but
still. Obviously a faster, less coding intensive approach would be the
uberjar.
Just wanted to throw the idea out there :-)

> Maybe the same goes for validator annotation processor ?

There we have a much tighter coupling. Getting rid of the dependency
completely would be very hard.
I think an uberjar approach makes sense in this case

--Hardy