[hibernate-dev] AS7 use of the "hibernate.ejb.resource_scanner" property to override the default org.hibernate.ejb.packaging.Scanner...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Sun Mar 27 13:36:43 EDT 2011

We just discussed Hibernate 4.0 annotation scanning the other day and I
wanted to add to the conversation (which was about using
https://github.com/jbossas/jandex).

As a workaround for https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9141, I'll
request a merge of the following change.  This is about AS7 setting the
"hibernate.ejb.resource_scanner" property to
org.jboss.as.jpa.hibernate.HibernateAnnotationScanner (which implements
the org.hibernate.ejb.packaging.Scanner interface).

If we move away from supporting the current Scanner interface in
Hibernate 4.0, we should discuss the impact on the AS7 scanner
implementation.

The HibernateAnnotationScanner class is in this commit (with other
changes that go with it):
https://github.com/scottmarlow/jboss-as/commit/5aaaa630f38d89d3bbbe832cac20e5eae0ff4c90

Scott