[hibernate-dev] meaning of shared-cache-mode default to Hibernate...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon May 2 15:55:51 EDT 2011

The JPA specification allows us to choose what happens when
shared-cache-mode is not specified (JPA 2.0 3.7.1 specification).

Hibernate currently (as best as I can tell), defaults to
shared-cache-mode of NONE.

Should we change the shared-cache-mode default to ENABLE_SELECTIVE in
Hibernate 4.0?  That would mean one less configuration step for
application developers.

Is there any negatives for changing shared-cache-mode to ENABLE_SELECTIVE?

Scott