[hibernate-dev] postponing Hibernate Search 4.0.0.CR2 release?

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Nov 11 03:52:10 EST 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 01:49:49 +0100, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> I'm wondering if the Hibernate Search is still going to happen tomorrow,

I assume you mean the release ;-) Given that Emmanuel anyways thinks that
Friday
is a bad release day, I would vote for postponing the release. I don't
think we
loose anything by postponing until next week.

> - My pull requests are lingering, and I might need to make some
> adaptations according to feedback; I don't think I will, but some
> patches resulted more complex than expected.

I'll look into them

> - Java 7 issues ?!

Hmm, I don't think we have to worry about these for now.

> Overall state doesn't look bad, but if we had four more days I could
> solve the latest minor bugs and would consider including Davide and
> Zach's patch.. I've aborted that currently as it feels too rushed if
> it's for tomorrow.

+1 for this patch being rushed. I still not sure whether the chosen path
is the best. What happened with the idea of a separate annotation?

> HSEARCH-798 Make use of categories instead of fqcn for logging

Again, something I wouldn't rush. I think we should defer defer this and
discuss first how we want this to work. This type of change should not be
rushed.

> HSEARCH-937 Search fails when loading associated entity with different
> ID type
> HSEARCH-703 QueryBuilder should support specialization by superclasses
> of indexed entities

right, these two we should address

--Hardy