[hibernate-dev] Test specific for postgresql

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Nov 22 03:17:42 EST 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:53:50 +0100, Paweł Stawicki
<pawelstawicki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where can I specify URL/user/pass to my postgresql DB to run this
> test?

If we are talking the hibernate-core module for now (other modules are
similarly
structured). The easiest way to specify your database settings is to edit
src/test/resources/hibernate.properties.
This will also allow you to run the test easily in your IDE.

> And where should I put this test?

There are two main test 'areas' - src/test and src/matrix. The former
contains functional unit tests either
database independent or running against H2. The latter is for tests which
should run against multiple
databases. I would assume your test belongs in there. Using matrix
infrastructure you can
run all your tests against a given database by following the instructions
in the readme of
buildSrc/readme.txt
(https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-core/blob/master/buildSrc/readme.txt)

> Is there some documentation introducing to hibernate developement? How
> is code structured, where are which tests, how is it tested against
> different DBs etc.?

There are several wiki pages here -
http://community.jboss.org/en/hibernate/dev
but admittedly some of them would need some updates.

Hope this helps,
Hardy