[hibernate-dev] AS7 management console and Hibernate management statistics/operations...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 12:40:51 EDT 2011

On 08/30/2011 04:13 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> I'm wondering what Hibernate related information would be good to
> include in the AS7 management console.  Perhaps for each
> SessionFactory/EntityManagerFactory, we could show statistics and some
> factory/EntityManagerFactory operations.

The statistics to show are kind of obvious from the
org.hibernate.stat.Statistics interface.  There are interesting
operations tied to the underlying SessionFactory that could be included
in the AS7 management console.

> I'm leaning towards not using JMX internally to collect the Hibernate
> statistics/invoke factory operations.

I think that showing each EntityManagerFactory (returned from
PersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory()), would be
good enough.  Although, this would leave out application created
EntityManagerFactory's and application created SessionFactory's.

Even if I used JMX to access the SessionFactory's, I wouldn't know the
(JMX) object names of application managed SessionFactory's.

I'm not sure if there is interest on this mailing list, about this
(cross project) subject, but wanted to at least mention that I'm looking
at this.