[hibernate-dev] API changes in FieldBridge

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 7 07:14:05 EDT 2011

On 7 sept. 2011, at 13:01, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> On 7 September 2011 12:43, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
>> A specific interface is what looks the best to me too.
>>
>> #2 we might be able to reuse #1's interface.
>> I don't fully understand what allowSkipOnUnchangedFields does.
>
> I think we need a way for implementors to state that the index needs
> to be updated even if all the listed properties are not considered
> dirty, basically a toggle to disable the optimisation for a specific
> bridge implementation.

OK, got it.
The absence of this TargetedFields (or whatever name we could give it) interface would be equivalent to allowSkipOnUnchangedField = false for a bridge. Likewise for DynamicBoost and DynamicAnalyzer.
Of course an additional interface is less in your face than an explicit method on the existing interfaces.