[hibernate-dev] (ClobProxy classloader issue on AS7) help needed with AS7 user forum post

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 09:20:30 EDT 2011

Forum post http://community.jboss.org/message/625679#625679, describes a
possible regression (from Hibernate 3.3.2.GA to whichever version of
Hibernate 4.0.0 they are using.)

 From my response:

"For the Hibernate classloader issue, I'm not sure about that one.  If
org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.ClobProxy is used on application classes, then
it looks correct for application classes.  If that ClobProxy is always
used for Hibernate classes, I think it should always use the
ClobImplementer.class.getClassLoader() class loader.
"

Also, should I push for an AS7 test case or should we push them over to
create a Hibernate test case?  If someone more in the know, wants to
respond directly, all the better.  ;)

Thoughts?

Scott