[hibernate-dev] [search] FieldBridge API change re-visited (HSEARCH-904)

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Mon Sep 19 17:14:14 EDT 2011

On Sep 19, 2011, at 15:00, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> What would option 2 gain? In particular what is the usefulness of the
> Iterable<String>?
> If it's to get the list of fields to be used by FieldSelector that's
> probably not correct as a given set operation might only affect a subset
> of the potential fields.

Sanne and I discussed this solution after you warned about making the
field bridge stateful. I guess the returned strings would have to be a
list of all potential field names a bridge adds. Of course this is not
intuitive at all.

The easiest is to just pull out the field name parameter and move it to
initialize. Introducing something like IndexContext into the set method
(as discussed in Jira) could be an alternative, but to certain degree it
replaces LuceneOptions with something new.

--hardy