[hibernate-dev] ServiceRegistry naming

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Sep 26 12:09:56 EDT 2011

For 2,
The hard part is to understand when a given registry is used and for what purpose.

In a way Basic, Main, Core, Generic (the alternate names I can think of) are not telling very much. The Basic registry holds services that are used at most stages of Hibernate. Would Global make any sense?
Second best thing would be to Javadoc them a bit more to solve the problem.

As far as the additional CR, That's a good question. I have no opinion. I'd say it depends if you have time :)

Emmanuel