[hibernate-dev] OGM feature request on forums

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Sep 30 05:11:07 EDT 2011

I'm not sure if I understood him completely either; I think he wants
to use OGM, but making sure the Infinispan cacheloader still stores in
a relational database using it's relational mapping (what you
identified as #1);
Assuming OGM is managing both worlds, an OGM CacheLoader might be able
to "recognize" it's very own tuples format and re-map it to the
relational tables. This second step phase could then take advantage of
Infinispan's async storage, so OGM would indeed write to both the grid
and the database, but not necessarily at the same time, or the
database might even occasionally slowdown or fail without consequences
to the application.

--Sanne