[hibernate-dev] Copyright year in license header

Gunnar Morling gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:09:24 EDT 2012

Hi,

if there is no strong legal constraint for this, we might also always
simply specify the range "year of inception - current year".

This could be automated using the Maven license plugin [1], which can
add/update headers for all sources based on a template and also fail
the build if there is a file without correct header.

Compared to updating headers individually when changing a file, I
think that would be simpler from a developer's perspective and also
reduce the risk of forgetting headers, copying old ones etc.

--Gunnar

[1] http://code.google.com/p/maven-license-plugin/