[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Issue with accepting mongodb in master

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 25 10:18:55 EDT 2012

I'd like to accept MongoDB's work in OGM's master branch. There is one big elephant in the room.
If I don't have MongoDB running in localhost, I can pass the test and thus I can't do a release. That's especially a problem for me as my MongoDB instance is in a VM and thus not localhost. I can't update the hibernate.properties as the release process takes a fork of the repo and does not rely on what's not committed yet.

Does anyone has a solution?

- we could try and let things be overridden with -D properties
- we could try and simply not run tests if the mongodb instance is not up and running

Any other idea?

Does anyone has an idea how to implement that? Frankly, we can't really accept the work in master until we have a solution for this.

Emmanuel