[hibernate-dev] Unit test failures using the new metamodel

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Aug 3 07:39:31 EDT 2012

On 3 Jan 2012, at 10:14 AM, Gail Badner wrote

> I've pushed a commit that takes care of these and changes the default for both flags to true.

Cool, even though I would have expected that the build completes after the push. Anyways, ...

> VersionedLobTest.testVersionUnchangedByteArray is marked as @FailureExpected but it incorrectly passes using the new metamodel, so you'll see this test failing now due to FailureExpectedHandler$FailureExpectedTestPassedException.

This one beats me. What do you mean it passes incorrectly? Switching to the new metamodel the test passes which would indicate to me
that this test was fixed as a side effect of all metamodel work. If you are saying it passes wrongly, then the test itself must be based on wrong
assertions. What is it?

> In addition, these tests fail:
>
> Test org.hibernate.test.annotations.interfaces.InterfacesTest FAILED
> Test org.hibernate.test.annotations.idmanytoone.alphabetical.AlphabeticalIdManyToOneTest FAILED
> Test org.hibernate.test.naturalid.mutable.cached.CachedMutableNaturalIdTest FAILED

As I said before, the problem is that @FailureExpectedWithNewMetamodel is not honored by BaseCoreFunctionalTestCase when
an error occurs in the setup (BeforeClass handlers). We could try to address this in BaseCoreFunctionalTestCase, but in this case I decided
to move BaseAnnotationBindingTestCase into the testing module and make it the base class for these tests. I was using this base class for
testing some annotation based binding tests and it is imo much more suitable for the tests above.

Right now we have the hibernate-core module passing with the new metamodel enabled and the expected failures validated. Hopefully we can
keep it this way.

--Hardy