[hibernate-dev] Concept of "service availability"

mailing at bibbernet.org mailing at bibbernet.org
Tue Aug 28 16:47:21 EDT 2012

If I haven't mentioned before, a osgi service could also carry
properties. This is used as example in the OSGI JPA Spec. where it is
written:

> The service must be registered with the following service property:
> javax.persistence.provider – The JPA Provider implementation class
> name, a documented name
> for all JPA Providers.

And it is possible to access these properties in the found
ServiceReference's. This could also be used to carry information needed
for hibernate to use a certain service, etc.