[hibernate-dev] Metamodel dev questions

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Aug 31 08:36:11 EDT 2012

On 31 Aug 2012, at 13:49, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> In terms of exception handling, of course you are right in terms of final product.

I understand we are in a transition phase. Just saying that we should keep it in mind already now and IMO add the obvious checks already now.

> IIUC that not how use of jboss-logging for generating exception messages is supposed to work, though to be honest, I do not know the details. Since you "use this in Validator and Search" I would figure you would know how to do it.

The way I tried is afaik the way it should work, hence I wad so surprised that it did not work. I was hoping someone already came across this or that we maybe by design not use it. I guess I have to just dig a little deeper. Unfortunately, part of the exception seems to get swallowed (even with --stacktrace and --debug enabled) :-(

--hardy