[hibernate-dev] ORM, OGM and timing

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 6 08:43:43 EST 2012

My fear was simply that TypeDescriptor was a class hosted on Hibernate
ORM's codebase. But in retrospect I made that up on my own.

If we have access to the type information via a given class - say
TypeDescriptor -  and that TypeDescriptor is hosted on the query parser
project then, we don't have any immediate problem and we can continue to
release OGM when we want while the beefing-up phase of the parser is
done to accommodate ORM's needs.

Of course I understand that the project specific walker (not sure that's
the correct term), will be able to downcast TypeDescriptor - via the is() / as()
pattern - to access the native type (ORM's Type / GridType) system if necessary.

Emmanuel