[hibernate-dev] [Search] Useless dependency on solr-analysis-extras

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 13 04:49:44 EST 2012

Sounds reasonable to me. solr-analysis-extras contains the ICU [1] support classes  which is in many cases are not needed.
On the other hand most projects will include hibernate-search-analysers to get the basic analysers and at the moment get this
additional dependencies as well.

I guess it comes down to whether we think that by including hibernate-search-analysers you should get all Solr tokenizers [2] w/o
adding additional dependencies or whether it is ok to ask users to explicitly add the solr-analysis-extras when required.

I am fine with removing it, but maybe we need to sync the docs in this case as well. It says now:

"all required Solr dependencies are now defined as dependencies of the artifact org.hibernate:hibernate-search-analysers;
just add the following dependency"

Either way you should create a Jira ticket.

--Hardy

[1] http://site.icu-project.org/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters