[hibernate-dev] HHH-7018 and one more change to how we serialize EntityManagerFactory instances...

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 05:23:02 EST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 16:05 , Scott Marlow wrote:

> The use case for duplicate EntityManagerFactory, would be the application
> that is depending on the persistence unit name that may or may not be
> unique across multiple application deployments.

Or many integration test environments. Test setups which didn't have to use EMF.close() now have to close the EMF in @AfterTest/Class/Method to avoid the "duplicate EMF name registered" WARN level message.

First question here is why this would be a warning message, if I'm not interested in clustering. Then I'm not sure caching anything at the classloader level is a good choice. (For whatever reason, I still don't understand why EMF clustering would be different than SF clustering.)