[hibernate-dev] HHH-7018 and one more change to how we serialize EntityManagerFactory instances...

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Feb 8 11:08:45 EST 2012

If I understand correctly you are thinking there is a case where the
"PU name" would not be unique for a given app?  That is the only time
I can see this being a concern.  If it is possible that the same app
can have different PU names on different nodes in the cluster then
simply using PU name as EMF name wont work there.  But pretty sure I
said that this will need to allow explicitly setting of the EMF name.

But regardless UUID will never work in a cluster.  Thats been covered
a few times here.  UUID is merely a fallback which assumes ser and
deser happen in the same VM.