[hibernate-dev] New metamodel and NamingStrategy

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 17 14:01:09 EST 2012

As an example to start discussions, here is my first method proposal:

public interface LogicalNamingStrategy {
	/**
	 * Determine the logical table name to use for the specified entity in
cases where the mapping did
	 * not specify one explicitly.
	 *
	 * @param entity The entity for which to determine the table name.
	 *
	 * @return The table name identifier to use
	 */
	public Identifier logicalTableName(Entity entity);
}

Essentially replaces NamingHelper#classToTableName

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org